The Business Creative respects your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy in everything we do.
Who we are?
For the purposes of GDPR and the DPA, our Data Controller is:
The Managing Director, The Business Creative, 11 Jew St, Brighton, East Sussex, UK, BN1 1UT
Please address any questions or comments relating to this policy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect?
We may collect and use personal information collected through business contact with you. This is usually limited to information found on your business card such as your name, job title, business email address, business postal address and business telephone number. This is usually provided to us by you directly, somebody representing you or your employer.
We do not knowingly collect any sensitive personal data.
How do we process your data?
We collect and use data for legitimate business reasons or where we are required to do so by current legislation/legal obligation.
Your contact information will be held on our IT systems. Your contact information may be passed on to other organisations who may not be in the EU in order us to carry out our commercial business.
You have consented to us holding your personal information by providing it to us. You can of course, change or opt out of these preferences at any time by contacting our Data Controller.
How do we use personal information?
- Your contact information – email, telephone for businesses contact purposes
- Finance and payment purposes
- Contract purposes
- Direct Marketing
- Internal research/information and development purposes
- Providing services to you
- Legal obligations
- Internal Audit purposes
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
- Consent – we will always seek your consent before processing your data. This will include informing you on how to retract your consent at any time
- Contract – if we have a business relationship with you we will process your data for business reasons only
- Legal obligation – Should we need to process your data for legal reasons we will pass on your details to the relevant authorities
- Legitimate Interests – Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and the interests and fundamental rights of the data subject do not override those interests.
When do we share personal data?
We will treat personal data confidentially.
- To ensure we can fulfil our contractual obligations with you
- For internal record keeping – as good business practice and to comply with, for example, financial audits
- To periodically send information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided – you can ask us not to send this type of information at any time
- We will not share your information with third parties except for the purposes of contractual obligation where you are aware that we will be sharing your information.
Where do we store and process personal data?
Your data will be processed within the EU and also UAE
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and protect your data.
How do we secure personal data?
The Business Creative has in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to data. These procedures will always be adhered to and not overridden or ignored.
We will only transmit personal information between locations by e-mail if a secure network is in place.
We will ensure that any personal data which we hold is kept securely, either in a locked filing cabinet or, if it is computerised, it is password protected so that it is protected from unintended destruction or change and is not seen by unauthorised persons.
Ensure that when working on personal information as part of your job duties when away from your workplace we will continue to observe the terms of this policy and the data protection legislation, in particular in matters of data security.
Ensure that hard copy personal information is disposed of securely, by shredding it.
Data stored on memory sticks, discs, portable hard drives or other removable storage media is kept in a locked filing cabinet.
Data held on computers are stored confidentially by means of Password protection.
The Company has network back-up procedures to ensure that data on computers cannot be accidentally lost or destroyed. Details on the Company’s security policies can be obtained by contacting the Managing Director.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
The Business Creative will retain data for no longer than reasonably necessary. Our contact databases will be reviewed every year. If we have not had contact with you for business reasons for more than 24 months then your details will be deleted from our systems.
Your rights in relation to personal data
You are allowed to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data.
Under the GDPR, subject to certain legal limitations, you have a number of legal rights regarding how your personal data is processed. At any time, you can request that we should take any of the following actions, subject to certain legal limitations, with regard to your personal data:
- allow access to personal information
- correction and deletion of your information
- withdrawal of consent (if processing data on condition of consent)
- data portability
- restriction of processing and objection
- lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you wish to exercise your rights in relation to the data that we hold on you, please in the first instance email the Managing Director at email@example.com requesting the information you want. Please note that we can only provide information directly relating to you, we are unable to provide any information that covers any other person’s data.
Use of automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any automated decision making or profiling in relation to your personal information.
How to contact us?
You may contact us via the Managing Director in writing to the following address:
The Business Creative, 11 Jew St, Brighton, East Sussex, UK, BN1 1UT.